Al Massira Trust and its affiliate regional teams respect your privacy. This Global Privacy Notice describes the types of personal information we collect, how we use the information, with whom we share it, and the choices you can make about our use of the information. We also describe the measures we take to protect the security of the information and how you can contact us about our privacy practices.
Al Massira entities responsible for the collection and use of your personal information for the purposes described in this Global Privacy Notice are indicated in the How to Contact Us section of this document.
Our privacy practices may vary among the locations in which we operate to reflect local practices and legal requirements. Our server is in the United Kingdom; therefore, UK laws apply for the storage of data.
Al Massira may obtain information about you from various sources.
One way is via third party payment processors. We obtain a limited amount of personal information in this process. As payment is made via PayPal, we receive your name, the date and the total amount of the transaction. Importantly, we do not need the cardholder’s name or other contact information to process payment transactions. We do not receive bank details from anyone who gives to Al Massira via a bank transfer. Al Massira does not hold bank details or credit card details from people. For those in the UK using a Gift Aid form, the top section is held in a secure location. The standing order section of the Gift Aid form is shredded if given.
In addition, you may choose to submit information directly to us via several methods, including: (i) on our websites, (ii) in response to marketing or other communications if you have chosen to receive these, (iii) through social media, (v) or in connection with an actual or potential business or employment relationship with us.
The types of personal information we may obtain or you may choose to provide include:
- Contact information (such as title; first and last name; full address including street name, city, post code/zip code, country; e-mail address, and phone numbers)
- Business contact information (such as job title, department and name of organisation)
- Other basic information: nationality, age range, sex, language preference, languages fluent in or can get by in, training status
- Reasons for attending a training event
- Event planning information such as food choices, allergies, and mobility needs etc.
- Home church and denomination
- Al Massira publications requested (Newsletter, Monthly or Weekly prayer bulletins)
- Your choice of the format of the resource taken, either a DVD set or a USB format
- Username and password when creating an account on our Trained User website
- Your navigation through the content of our Trained User website (to improve the content of our website)
- Locations of visitors to the websites
- Reference person’s name, email and/or phone number for a reference check when registering for a training event. This information is deleted 10 days after the training event is concluded
- Content you provide (such as photographs, articles and comments)
- Content you make available through social media accounts
- IP addresses which are registered on the server during a visit to the website.
A copy of the information provided by you during the online registration process will be emailed to you along with the registration confirmation.
We collect certain information by using automated means, such as cookies and web beacons during visits to our websites. Currently our cookies are for authentication purposes. The information we collect in this manner in the future may include: IP address, browser type, operating system, referring URLs and information on actions taken or interaction with our digital assets. A “cookie” is a text file placed on a computer’s hard drive by a web server. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, is used to transmit information back to a web server. We may use third-party web analytics services, for example, Google Analytics. The analytics providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies and web beacons to help us analyse how visitors use our websites.
Al Massira’s Lawful Basis for processing data is based on:
1) Legal Obligation 2) Contractual Necessity and 3) Legitimate Interest
Legal Obligation is used because we hold and process data required by HMRC for Gift Aid purposes and for tax purposes relating to employment. Contractual Necessity because we must process data necessary for the entry into, or performance of, contracts with employees or suppliers we use. We ascribe to Legitimate Interest for the following purposes:
· to process data in order to register participants for training events which they want
· to market training events to new and existing trained users
· to support those using the Al Massira resource and services
· It is in Al Massira’s interest to ensure trained users have up to date resources and access to ongoing support
· To make Al Massira available world-wide
Data Processing: We may use the personal information we obtain about you to:
- Process your payment transactions
- Process donations
- Process Gift Aid information (UK only)
- Maintaining records of financial support
- Communicate information prior to you attending a training event
- Perform a reference check prior to you attending a training event
- Create and manage any accounts you may have with us and respond to your inquiries
- Provide, administer and communicate with you about products, services, and other resources offered by Al Massira
- Support, encourage and follow up with those trained and those using the Al Massira resource
- Keep supporters and trained users in touch with ministry developments
- Operate, evaluate and improve our charity’s functions (including developing new products and services; managing our communications; determining the effectiveness of and optimising our advertising/promotions; analysing our products, services, websites, mobile applications and any other digital assets; facilitating the functionality of our websites, mobile applications and any other digital assets; and performing accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation and collection activities)
- Evaluate your interest in employment and contact you regarding possible employment with Al Massira
- As may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency having or claiming jurisdiction over Al Massira or Al Massira’s affiliate regional teams
- Comply with industry standards and our policies
We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal information we collect about you, except as described in this Global Privacy Notice or as we disclose to you at the time personal details are collected.
We may share personal information we collect with our affiliate Al Massira regional teams to further the purposes of Al Massira in a local area, and for research purposes to evaluate Al Massira activities. We may share personal information to register payment transactions and to perform other activities that you request (i.e. giving to a specific project).
In addition, we may share personal information with other third parties or individuals only with your consent, for example, when a third party is organizing an Al Massira training event, which is not run by Al Massira Trust or an Al Massira regional team.
We may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) when we believe disclosure is necessary to prevent harm or financial loss, or (iii) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity.
You have certain rights regarding the personal information we maintain about you. We also offer you certain choices about what personal information we collect from you, how we use that information, and how we communicate with you.
You can choose not to provide personal information to Al Massira by refraining from conducting payment transactions. You also may refrain from submitting information directly to us. However, if you do not provide personal information when requested, you may not be able to benefit from the range of Al Massira products and services, and we may not be able to provide you with information about products, services and promotions.
When you visit our websites, a cookie’s consent appears on the sites. Your browser may tell you how to be notified and opt out of receiving certain types of cookies. You can browse in an incognito window so that information is not retained in your browser when you leave. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our websites or online services.
You can, at any time, tell us not to send you publications by e-mail by clicking on the unsubscribe link within the publication or marketing e-mails you receive from us, or by contacting us as indicated below. You also may opt out of receiving any bulk e-mails or marketing emails entirely from Al Massira. If you have supplied us with your email address and have not explicitly told us not to use it for such purposes, we may still use that email address for the purpose of communication with you if you have booked training or for similar administrative reasons, even if you have unsubscribed from our bulk emails.
To the extent provided by applicable law, you may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us, or object at any time on legitimate grounds, to the processing of your personal information. We will apply your preferences going forward. In some circumstances, withdrawing your consent to Al Massira to use or disclose your personal information will mean that you cannot take advantage of certain products or services.
Subject to applicable law, you have the right to: obtain confirmation that we hold personal information about you, request access to and receive information about the personal information we maintain about you, receive copies of the personal information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal information, object to the processing of your personal information, and have the information blocked, anonymised or deleted, as appropriate. To exercise these rights, please contact us as set forth below.
To update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists or submit a request to access, update, correct or delete your personal information, please contact us as specified below.
If we fall short of your expectations in processing your personal information or you wish to make a complaint about our privacy practices, please tell us because it gives us an opportunity to fix the problem. You may contact us by using the contact details provided in the “How to Contact Us” section below. To assist us in responding to your request, please give full details of the issue. We attempt to review and respond to all complaints within a reasonable time.
The security of your personal information is important to Al Massira. We are committed to protecting the information we collect. We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide or we collect against accidental, unlawful or unauthorised destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. We use SSL encryption on our websites to protect data transfer.
Al Massira stores personal information only for as long as it is necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose for which the personal information was collected, unless otherwise required or authorised by applicable law. We take measures to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if required by law or if the personal information is no longer required for the purpose for which we collected it.
Our websites may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from Al Massira. Linked websites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. To the extent that any linked websites you visit are not owned or controlled by Al Massira, we are not responsible for the websites’ content, any use of the websites, or the privacy practices of the websites.
This Global Privacy Notice may be updated periodically and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our personal information practices. We will post a prominent notice on relevant websites to notify you of any significant changes to our Global Privacy Notice and indicate in the bottom right-hand corner of the Notice when it was most recently updated.
If you have any questions or comments about this Global Privacy Notice, Al Massira’s privacy practices or if you would like us to update information or preferences you provided to us, you may e-mail us at:
You may also write to us at:
Data Protection Officer
Al Massira Trust
2 All Souls Place
London W18 3DA